Alcoholism is a serious – and sometimes fatal consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short time. Drinking too quickly may affect your breathing, heart rate, temperature, gag reflections, leading to coma and death.
Alcoholism also occurs when adults and children mistakenly or intentionally drink alcohol-containing household items.
Alcohol-poisoned patients need to see a doctor immediately. If someone suspects alcohol poisoning, please help emergency medical right away.
Indications and symptoms of alcoholism include the following:
- A seizure
- Slow breathing (breathing less than 8 minutes)
- Irregular breathing (gaps of 10 seconds or more between breath)
- Blue dyed skin or pale skin
- Hypothermia (hypothermia)
- Pass (unconscious), you can not wake up
When going to see a doctor
It is not necessary to obtain all of the above symptoms and symptoms before seeking medical help. People with alcoholism who are unconscious or unable to wake up are at risk of dying.
Alcoholism is an emergency
If you suspect someone is having alcoholism – even if you do not see classic signs or symptoms – get medical attention immediately. What to do here:
Please immediately call 911
or your local emergency number. Please do not let that person sleep on alcoholism.
Please prepare for information provision.
If you know, please tell hospitals and emergency personnel about the type and amount of drinking, when you drink.
Do not leave only unconscious people.
Because alcohol poisoning affects the way gag reflection works, alcoholic poisoned people suffocate with their own vomiting and may not be able to breathe. While waiting for help, do not try to vomit, as people may vomit.
I will help someone who is vomiting.
Please keep him or her sitting. If you have to go to bed, please turn your head sideways. This helps to prevent suffocation. Please try to wake up to prevent loss of consciousness.
Do not be afraid to get help
It may be difficult to judge whether someone thinks that someone is drunk enough to justify medical intervention, but it is best to carefully mistake. Especially if you are a minor, you may worry about yourself, your friends and the influence on loved ones. However, the result of not getting proper help on time is far more serious.
Alcohol in the form of ethanol (ethyl alcohol) is included in alcoholic beverages, mouthwashes, cooked extracts, some medicinal products and certain household products. Ethanol poisoning generally results from drinking too much alcoholic beverages, especially in a short period of time.
Other types of alcohol, including isopropyl alcohol (found in scrubbing alcohol, lotion, cleaning supplies) and methanol and ethylene glycol (common ingredients of antifreeze, paint, solvents) can be used for other types of emergency treatment It can cause toxicity poisoning.
Bottle of wine
The main cause of alcohol poisoning is extreme drinking. If a man drinks 5 or more alcoholic beverages within 2 hours, or a woman drinks 4 or more times within 2 hours. Alcohol riots can last several hours or several days.
You can consume lethal dose before going out. Even when you lose consciousness or stop drinking, alcohol continues to be released into the bloodstream from the stomach and intestines, and the alcohol concentration in the body continues to rise.
There are many factors to increase the risk of alcoholism, such as the following.
- Your size and weight
- Your overall health
- Whether you have recently ate
- Whether alcohol and other medicines are combined
- Percentage of alcohol in your drink
- Alcohol consumption and quantity
- Your acceptable level
Severe complications may result from alcoholism.
Alcohol may cause vomiting. It reduces the reflection of your gags, so the risk of suffocating nausea increases if you die.
Stop breathing. Inhalation of vomit to the lung by mistake can lead to dangerous or fatal respiratory arrest (suffocation).
Vomiting leads to severe dehydration, leading to dangerously low blood pressure and fast heart rate.
Your blood sugar level may drop low enough to cause a seizure.
Your body temperature may be too low and lead to cardiac arrest.
Irregular heart rate.
Alcohol poisoning may cause the heart to beat randomly or stop.
Severe drinking can cause irreversible brain damage.
Either of the above problems may lead to death.